Residents of another school district in the state may be provided services to hospitalized students between the ages of six and eighteen when:
- The district of residence will agree to pay the costs of H&H services.
- Written approval has been sent from the district of residence.
- A principal shall forward referrals to the Curriculum Department for students with unusual health problems, which will seriously interfere with their education. This could include frequent absences (part- or whole-day), district-imposed absences, or a recommendation from the local school with an appropriate referral.
School Administrator's Responsibility
- Begin the H&H process by providing and reviewing the following forms with the parent/guardian:
- Professional Statement of Needs (Dr.'s Note)
- Disclosure Statement (short-term/long-term) depending on the medical provider's request.
- Students with IEP's: refer to Brian King (801)567-8208
- Short-Term H&H instruction (Absent 10 to 45 days) will be serviced from the school the student is currently attending.
- Long-term H&H instruction (Absent 46 days or longer) will be referred to the district H&H administrator, Mary Ann Erdmann. Give parent/guardian Malinda Jensen's phone number (801)567-8325 to schedule an appointment with Mary Ann Erdmann.
- Ensure all eligible students are provided H&H services.
- Select a teacher (usually home-base teacher) based on student need and teacher availability.
- Sign and verify completion of the following forms:
- Home & Hospital Health Professional’s Statement of Needs
- Home & Hospital Instruction Disclosure Statement
- Meet with Assigned Teacher
- Review the forms – Forms must be submitted to the school administrator monthly for signatures and submitted to Noreen Samowitz in the Curriculum Department for reimbursement.
- Monthly Teaching Record – This record MUST include mileage, time, and original signatures – (including parents’) in blue ink.
- Timesheet (10-E-XXX-9285-1015-131) will need to be signed by the administrator and H&H teacher.
- Mileage Form – mileage needs to be verified and the form signed by the administrator and H&H teacher.