The Home & Hospital Program was developed to meet the basic academic needs of Jordan School District students who are unable to attend school due to hospitalization, injury, physical/emotional illness, complications with a pregnancy or extenuating circumstances. The categories for H&H services are as follows:
- Short-Term H&H - Health Professional Statement of Needs states that the student needs to be out of school for a minimum of ten consecutive days to forty-five days.
- Long-Term H&H – Health Professional Statement of Needs states that the student needs to be out of school for a minimum of forty-six consecutive school days or longer.
- At Risk – District expulsion for weapons or disruptive behavior as designated by the Jordan School District Appeals Committee.
- High Risk – District suspension for drugs or alcohol (3rd violation for use or possession & 2nd offense for selling or distributing).
- Student lives within the boundaries of Jordan School District and is enrolled in a Jordan District School.
- Student is confined at home or in a hospital due to physical or emotional illness, injury, complications with a pregnancy or extenuating circumstances.
- H&H instruction is recommended by the student's physician, medical professional, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), licensed psychotherapist or legally-directed services and is requested by the parent/guardian.
- Student has missed or expects to miss ten or more consecutive days of school.